Hello again. As I was typing out the verses from Romans 1 some additional thoughts came to mind. Those very verses are full of warning, conviction and direction.
Right from the get go “men in their unrighteousness suppress the truth”. What does that look like, just how do we suppress the truth? How do I suppress the truth? In some instances it can be very obvious meanwhile other times we can suppress truth subtly by the deceitfulness of our own selfish thinking that easily can be disguised as good.
- How are you? “I’m fine, thank you.” – Are you ?
- Are those repeated behaviors stoppable as you claim – or is there an addiction that needs to be addressed?
- What’s the “real” motive behind the action?
- I would never day anything like that! – Really?
- I was just joking. – Really?
- It wasn’t that bad. – Hmm?
- I forgive you. – Truthfully or is that just the easy thing to say ?
As Paul continues he sites an example how some may suppress the truth. He points out how some suppress the truth of God being our creator. Despite all the signs and evidence around there are some that choose to ignore or suppress it. Perhaps in some sense it is too easy to accept that God created all things? There has to be another explanation – more complex and “scientific”. I think not.
When truth is denied or suppressed things can go down hill pretty quickly. My thoughts go to Adam and Eve. How often do we point the finger at someone or something else as a way to suppress the truth of our very own actions? Guilty.
Where do I take my thoughts from here. Honestly they go in all sorts of directions and I am not certain on how to direct the end of this entry. So I shall leave you with random thoughts/scripture. May they Holy Spirit lead you to where God may be wanting to reach your heart. That’s my hope, to encourage others to lean into Him as He is writing into each of your stories. God Bless – Stan
- Psalm 139:23-23 — Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
- 1 John 1:7 — But if we walk in the light (truth), as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.
- Being honest with God, ourselves and others can bring about heart change! It opens the door for Him to enter in and to transform.
Okay, I thought I was nearly done. Since I love music my mind naturally goes to songs. Two oldie but goodies came to mind. Enjoy 🙂